Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Off to the races~

I have been off and running now for over a week~ it seems that life never slows down...what a thought!  Ran Austin to the doctor on Monday.  He has been battling insomnia again; my poor son has suffered a real lack of sleep these past few weeks.  So bit the bullet and took him to our old family doctor though it wasn't covered. She is such a wonderful and compassionate person.  Not only did she reduce the visit but gave us all the homeopathic remedies in order to help him...and Praise God!  The child has been sleeping.  I will need to follow him up though with the doctor on his plan because he needs to go to Children's Hospital in Miami due to the chronic joint pain.  I am praying that God is merciful and my son does not have any of the diseases I have~  I can only pray.  Tom had a wonderful interview this afternoon and will be meeting with the higher-ups in the next several weeks.  The job is in his field, reprographics and the pay is good.  In the meantime I need to go back to work for now in order to lighten my husbands load.  So I am off this afternoon to an interview at Bloomingdales.  The kids are on summer break and we are awaiting Amanda's high school diploma! Wow~ that went by in a blink.  Austin and Gabby will continue to school at home...just some rest for the summer needed for them and me.  Mom continues to see her beau and will more than likely be taking a job on the West coast.  I have just given this over to the Lord~  Really...did I ever think I was in control?!  I am learning each and every day that I am not..and to leave it in his hands.   It hasn't been an easy lesson; to say the very least!  I have also applied for a position at church working in the children's ministry but they won't be hiring until the fall....so I wait.  Tonight is church for the girls...Mandy has choir practice and Gabby is going to start attending the high school youth group.  I am hoping that Austin will tag along~ he is shy and uninterested...I pray daily for my children that the Lord would keep them with him at all times.  It is never easy this life we lead and all I can do is place our lives daily in his hands....and on that note I need to be off and running to get ready for my interview.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I'll be praying for the job interviews and good results.... and of course always praying for your children and everyone's good health.
Hugs

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! viki, well how was the girls get-a-way?.. glad to hear from you! and yes life is crazy everywhere! I am still battling this car wreck stuff! and it has really got be kinda down! But really trying to keep my spirits up! But hope you have a Happy:) Summer! Still praying for you often!