Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grandma~

She looks like a million bucks! We converted grandma's room today into a beauty spa...my aunt and I did her nails today...I gave her a haircut and did her hair color. Grandma is a dark blond again and she looks at least fifteen years younger. I went shopping today and got her a new dress and she is all set and ready for Thanksgiving. She is so excited about seeing her family. She has not seen my father since August and I am hoping that she will remember him and my mother. I have entrusted her into the Lords hands..she seems to be on the mend mentally much more lucid than she has in weeks. I will be seeing her in the morning for coffee and than I will go back in the afternoon to get her ready for dinner. It will take time to get her ready and I do not want her to be rushed. Tom will go back with me so we will be bringing her together to my parents we have a wheelchair ready for her and a ramp. I am praying that the transition goes well. I am so thankful for her and everything that she taught me as a child, young women and continues to teach me with her attitude toward life. She loves life...loves those around her and more than anything she loves her Lord and Saviour.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Hi Vikki,
What a lovely and inspiring post!! I'm so happy for you that your Grandma is proud to be 'fixed up' and that she's doing better.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for calmness, understanding, and a very blessed Thanksgiving!!
Dolores