Friday, November 6, 2009

Waiting~

Waiting~ No one likes it...at least no one I know but it is an important skill...one which I have tried to teach my children and one which our heavenly Father is teaching me. "Wait on the Lord and be of good courage"~ Tom and I are waiting on the Lord. It has not been easy but God is ever faithful. He has provided our needs along the way in many different ways. When we began this journey this season in our lives..I was a person who had to be in control..someone who liked to know what lie up ahead...not that I wasn't flexible but this is a new and different flexibility..one that has required much of me. I've stretched and grown in ways that I did not think were possible~ Do I like this season in my life...Not really but I cling to the fact that God's word tells me that we are strangers in the land and that while we are here there will be troubles for God's people But! along the way the Lord has given us joys..many joys! Our children, our friends, our family..many cherished memories and I am sure many more will be made. I have learned that many of the ways I had before...I will never repeat..the little things I took for granted I will no longer~ So though this is a hard road God's grace is more than sufficient and He will never leave us nor forsake us. We as a Christian community need to pull together and be honest and be there for each other..when times get tough not only do we need to hit our knees but we need to reach out and be sensitive and loving and kind~ I know that I have been guilty of getting so wrapped up in what is going on in my life that I think I don't have time for anything else but the Lord has taught me to look outside my problems... and reach out and help others and in doing this I am taking my eyes of my problems and focusing on serving. God has blessed us and taken care of us most when we have done this~ It is not a magic formula but simply living the way we have been commanded too~ I don't know the next chapter the Lord has for us but I am constantly reminded to trust Only in Him.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Good morning Vikki,
You express yourself so beautifully! Your words of encouragement, and your love of the Lord and family is so inspirational.

I too, have been a person who likes to be in control of my life. David having Alzheimer's, has really made me put things in a different perspective. I'm learning patience along this journey, and I know that's a good thing for me.

Each morning when I wake up, I read my little quote: "If HE brings you to it, HE will bring you through it."

I can certainly tell from what you write, that your faith and your love for the Lord is so strong! You are such a wonderful example to your children, and others.... like me.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings!

KathyB. said...

Vikki, I am behind in reading blogs so was sad to read of all that you are going through, but also joyous in your attitude. My husband has been taking methotrexate ( sp?) and I know from what he has told me , of what you write.

Did your husband get the job? How is your Grandma?

I also know what you are talking about when you say you will no longer take some things for granted, me too! Praise God for His mercy and for providing for you and your family in spite of what it SEEMS it should be, desolation.He does not leave His desolate.He gives hope, and joy in the midst of sorrows...take joy!