Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"It is not what we do that determines who we are. It is what we are that determines what we do."
~Neil Anderson

My pastor read this quote in church...it really got me thinking~ Am I really living out my Christian faith in every aspect of my life? I am determined that I will try to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend that God has called me to be~ Nothing in life is easy I have at least have found this to be the case...but it is not the circumstances that surround us that should dictate how we live but rather we need to remember to respond and live the way that the Lord would have us too~ This really speaks volumes to those around us. This is our true testimony ...when things are not the way perhaps that we would want them to be...how do we...or rather I respond? As we are approaching Thanksgiving this Thursday...I am going to really try to remember to be thankful for all the Father has given me rather than looking at the things that I don't have..or wish I had~

2 Cor. 5:17
Therefore, if anyone be in Christ, he is a new creation, the old is gone and the new is come!

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

I guess that compared to the first Thanksgiving here in this big land called America, we are so much richer and have so much more..but do we remember where all our blessings and abundance come from? Somehow I think you and your family do, and that attitude and appreciation for God and His blessings will help you this Thursday! Bless you.