Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The times are a changin~

Things here at home have been quite hectic~running to and fro...from grandma to visiting with family....taking care of the kids and Tom. I am wiped out! Tom had an unexpected call today...someone saw his resume posted somewhere on the net and called..turns out he is looking for someone to manage his print shop and the funny thing is what he liked most on the resume besides all the years of experience was the fact that he went to church....small world ....he also goes to our church though we have never met! So tomorrow afternoon Tom will be meeting with him..bonus the job is only thirty minutes from home. So it's in God's hands~ We want to be where He wants us. Grandma is not doing so well..she continues to decline in her mental health and it is really very disconcerting. Grandma went from conversing with me to not be able to this last week. She continues to be very agitated and only settles down when she sees me and we pray and read the book of Psalms. It's been so hard especially since no one else wants to see her in this condition...and now until she settles down it is very hard to take the children when she is so very upset. So I go everyday and visit and pray and trust that the Lord will take care of her. Well, tonight is Tuesday which means it is my Methotrexate night so I am off to a long evening~

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Oh Vikki, I'm reading your sweet post with such mixed emotions. I've been praying for a job for your husband, and glory-be this job sounds so perfect, and right under your nose. I'll continue praying for good news today....and God's will.

I'm so sorry to hear that your Grandma is declining. Alzheimer's is such an awful and scary disease. Please know that your
Grandma and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..... this is such a tough journey you're traveling, but we know that God will never give us more than we can handle.

Small world, my best friend is 46 years old, and she's been battling R/A for 15 years; I'm assuming this is what you also have, since you're taking Methotrexate. My friend has taken the same drug, but is on something different right now.

I hope today is a better day with your Grandma!!!