Friday, January 30, 2009

PEACE~


WHEN PEACE LIKE A RIVER ATTENDETH MY WAY
WHEN SORROWS LIKE SEA BILLOWS ROLLS
WHATEVER MY LOT THOU HATH TAUGHT ME TO SAY
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL~

I remember singing this song as a child in church ...I don't think at the time I could really comprehend the words but I loved the song~ Years...Many years later I learned of the story behind the song and how through tragedy it was written..The writer believed of Gods faithfulness...really understood that we will suffer in this life and it is only Gods grace that will see us through~ Never in my wildest dreams did I realize that my loving this old hymn would be a way of God ministering to my soul later in life as an adult. Our God is so very gracious, loving and kind that He would prepare my heart so....many years in advance for the many trials that life would bring my way. Our family has been through illness, hurricanes, family troubles and now financial disaster and yet I must remember who is in charge and in control~

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL~

No comments: