Monday, June 7, 2010

Laid up~

Day five of being laid up sick with this horrible cold~  will be going to the doctor in the morning to make sure I am not coming down with a respiratory infection again.  Gabby and Austin are bored beyond words...they were to go with Tom today to see a movie but the matinee had already started and Tom wants to stretch the movies passes given to the kids at Christmas.  So here they sit~  Mandy has spent the afternoon babysitting for my mom..Mom takes care of my brother's daughter and due to a doctor's appointment for dad Mandy stepped in to help out.  Tom took her over and they both called to say they could not get her to settle down...she was crying uncontrollably.  She is teething and simple miserable.  Mom to the rescue I had them give her teething tablets...I am hoping that she settled down for them!  Tomorrow will be a long day so I have spent today resting up~  I have the doctors and then were are off to social security...Yuck!  because they once again have messed up my disability..so I can say with certainty that we will be spending the better part of the day there.  Must be done though~  so I am hoping that this time they get it right.  A dear friend goes to court tomorrow for her home...I am praying that the judge will work with her~ she is trying so hard.  This really is a strange time we are living in..so many dear friends that just like us had a normal and comfortable lifestyle and now we are all in the spot where we just don't know how we are going to get by at times~  except with the grace of God.  So if you should think about it just pray for my friend...she so very needs it.  I am hoping to see grandma once I am well enough; I don't dare bring her this in her delicate condition.  I miss her very much~  I have come to grips with the fact that at this stage in her disease bringing her home is no longer an option but this does not make it any easier.  When I think of all the things that grandma taught me I can only thank God for her and her influence in my life.  Even today in her communication with myself and others ...she shows what a wonderful woman of God she is~

I thank God for every remembrance of you~

1 comment:

Dolores said...

I'm a few days behind on reading posts..... So sorry you're sick, but glad you went to the doctor, and hopefully the meds. will do their magic.

Such a sweet post honoring your grandma....